NEOCEL® Microcrystalline Cellulose colloidal grades are water-dispersible, water-insoluble hydrocolloid products. It is used widely in pharmaceutical and food industries.
NEOCEL® is a co-dried blend of Microcrystalline Cellulose and specific grade Carboxymethylcellulose Sodium (NaCMC). Microcrystalline Cellulose is prepared by chemical depolymerization of highly-purified alpha cellulose.The crystalline portions of the fiber, after being subjected to wet mechanical processes, are co-processed with NaCMC to form the colloidal Microcrystalline Cellulose. NaCMC serves as a protective colloid and aids in the dispersion of the product.
- NEOCEL® functions as a suspending agent and emulsion stabilizer, primarily used in syrup, antiacid suspension, emulsion, nasal sprays and ointment
- NEOCEL® finds wide applications in food such as dairy product, beverage, bakery product, sauce & dressing and processed meat
In personal care:
- NEOCEL® finds applications in health care products such as toothpaste, cream, lotion, foams, foundations and shampoo
Above labeling properties are typical range for your reference.
Addition to existed, we may tailor-made according to your formulation needs.
Shear stress as a closely route of increasing & decreasing shear rate for CMC dispersion.
NEOCEL gel, like Neo-C11, shear stress undergoes a different routes while increasing & decreasing shear rate.
- Compatible with most water-soluble polymers and alcohols
- Whitish, opaque dispersion
- Odorless and tasteless
- Creamy smooth texture
- Thixotropy achievable at levels as low as 1%
NEOCEL® such as Neo-C11, possess high thixotropic properties. Due to NEOCEL® disperse in water with desired shear, NEOCEL® forms a three-dimensional gel.